Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Whipped Shortbread with Candy Canes


And the baking with my mom continues! I am having a Christmas tea party with my cousins and aunties. Rather than making the traditional Christmas cookies I wanted something a bit more dainty looking. These are simple and very pretty looking. These delicate white cookies just melt in your mouth!

Whipped Candy Cane Shortbread

1 c. Butter (do not use margarine)
½ c. Powdered Sugar
1 ½ c. Flour
Mini Candy Canes

Break candy canes into pieces. I put them in a Ziploc and then hit them against the counter so that they just break up but don’t get crushed. I’m sure Williams—Sonoma makes a tool to do this!

Cream butter and sugar; add flour and beat for 10 minutes. (this works much better with an electric hand mixer, rather than a kitchen aid). Set the timer because they need to be whipped for a full 10 minutes! Drop from small spoon onto cookie sheet. Decorate with a bit of candy cane. Bake at 350* for about 10-12 minutes, until the bottoms are lightly browned. I like to bake them so that they don’t start to brown and still look nice and white. I make them small so it makes about three-dozen cookies.

Adapted from the Best of the Best Cookbook







2 comments:

  1. I wish I had a cute girlfriend that made stuff like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are to die for yummy and buttery!

    ReplyDelete